Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tuesday Jam Sessions

When I came to San Jose State there were a lot of things that I left back home. Most of those things I was happy to leave behind. Playing music was not one of them. In high school I was involved with the music program on campus and I also played in a band that I had created with a few of my closest friends. The only problem was that I was a drummer and when I moved to San Jose I had no place suitable for storing and playing a drum kit and I was going to school for engineering. Attending school was my main priority and I had no choice but to give up playing. For my first three years in San Jose I simply went without. Finally in my third year I moved into a house with roommates who didn't mind me bringing a drum kit along. Ecstatic about the opportunity to start playing again I quickly got a hold of my friend who I knew played guitar in San Jose. We played together a few times and made plans to meet every Tuesday evening for a jam session. We've been doing that for a little over a year now and in the process we have recruited a couple more of our friends to form a new band. Tuesday jam sessions which have been a weekly retreat for me have now become practice for The Suede Cats. In the past month we have finally put together a small handful of songs that we are going to record in a month for an EP. I'm ecstatic to be playing music again and I can't wait to record.

Debonair: Suave, urbane.

Congenial: Having the same nature, disposition or tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment