Thursday, December 1, 2011

.

I want to write something grand. Something so beautiful that it makes people feel like they have to share it. I want to write something so profound and salient that the reader will be left with the conclusion that it couldn't be any other way. I want to write something that captures the most basic elements of the human condition. I want to speak to the saints and the douche-bags. I want to take prisoners in their cells to the same place as happy mothers of three. To the very core of their existence. I want to write something so universal that it makes people stop what they're doing. I want them to think for just a moment. We're all people doing the same things, chasing the same feelings. We're all deities. God's of the little worlds around us. I haven't yet, but there is a lot to be learned before that's possible. I could spend the rest of my life just trying to understand the things close to me as I write this. The world is so beautiful, so complex and so familiar. I wish we could spend less time killing each other. Less time scheming against one another and less time hurting each other. I worry that it's natural for humans to kill each other. It doesn't have to be that way. I know it could be better, but I don't know how to change it, not yet. Can we re-program ourselves? Is it all psychological? So many people live free from significant physical suffering, but they still cry. They suffer, but from what? I'm one of them, I live almost free of physical hardship. I'm a joke, blessed with excess and plagued by my own sentience. That must be the human condition, the universal truth, it's a tragedy.

Tragedy: A form of art based on human suffering that offers its audience pleasure

Corrade: To wear or crumble away through abrasion

No comments:

Post a Comment