Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall is Here

Finally San Jose has cooled off. We've made it through summer which means I can breathe again in this third story apartment. I don't sweat in my sleep anymore and I can close my windows. That means I don't have to fall asleep to the freeway lullaby playing a block away from my house. That loud and constant song of whooshing cars and car horns blasting at 80 miles an hour, it's so soothing. Now I get to close myself in the house and sip a cup of black tea. No milk, no honey, the tea is excellent on its own. A nice balance of earthy tannins and sweet fruity flavors. Valley of the hearts delight is what Tori calls it. The newest blend her and her mother put together at my favorite tea shop. I spend a lot of time at my computer reading when it gets colder out. Its only a matter of time until my vision fades if I keep this sort of thing up. I should probably start printing articles I read. It would be better than staring at a screen for hours on end.

Since it's fall and the weather is cooling off that means all the trees are once again shedding their leaves. This means that the piles of yard waste that line the streets every season will reappear. These piles of leaves and other organic refuse have been one of my mortal enemies since I moved here. They consume parking spaces and bike lanes throughout the city. They lie in wait behind cars and around corners on dark nights waiting to get a hold of unsuspecting tires. They do not discriminate between bikes or cars as they are simply trying to ruin unsuspecting individuals. The worst part about these organic tumors is the fact that they must be collected. They are collected by the loudest most awful machine that roams the San Jose streets. The bright green tractor that collects these piles only operates in the wee hours of the morning as I sleep. It only operates at a decibel level equivalent to a jet engine and I'm pretty sure it operates below my balcony four out of five weekday mornings. This green tractor exists to disrupt my last and most precious hours of sleep every week throughout the Fall season.

Ziggurat: An ancient Mesopotamian temple tower consisting of a lofty pyramidal structure built in    
     successive stages with outside staircases and a shrine at the top.

Algorithm: A procedure for solving a mathematical problem in a finite number of steps that frequently
     involves repetition of an operation; broadly: a step-by-step procedure for solving a problem or
     accomplishing some end especially by a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment