Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lucid Dreams

I have come to the conclusion that I would be a much happier person if I developed the ability to have lucid dreams at will. Lucid dreaming is when the dreamer becomes aware that they are dreaming and is then able to exert some level of conscious control in the dream. Maybe I've been inspired by the movie inception, but it has a been a desire of mine since before the movie came out. Until now I never actively pursued the idea, but now I think that it could be something of great recreational value. There are many constraints on my time that prevent me from engaging in leisure activities. Fortunately if I am able to take control of my dreams a whole new world might become available to me. Perhaps I might even be able to lose my ability to perceive time in my dreams and spend years of leisure in bed each night. Truly lucid dreams could provide the most exceptional form of entertainment. Since nothing in a dream is real and nobody can see my dreams there are almost no constraints on what dreams can include. I could create worlds on a whim, defy the laws of physics and throw the societal constraints I adhere to out the window. I would be able to enjoy an open sandbox for the mind where anything I willed was possible.

Profligate: Recklessly extravagant or wasteful in the use of resources

Interlocutor: One who takes part in a conversation or oral discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment